[cellml-discussion] Abacus a Mozilla based mathml editor

  • From: carey at zestgroup.com (Carey Stevens)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Abacus a Mozilla based mathml editor
  • Date: Thu Aug 5 23:12:52 2004

Hi,
This looks like a the beginnings of something useful, a mozilla based
content mathml editor.

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/weirdal/archives/006118.html

His presentation is worth a look too.

Carey

Dr Carey Stevens www.zestgroup.com
Zest Technology Group Ltd
carey AT zestgroup.com
P.O. Box 6830 mobile: +64 9 21 30 ZEST
Wellesley Street (9378)
Auckland office: +64 9 373 7599 x 88875
New Zealand fax:+64 9 367 7157
From: matt.halstead at auckland.ac.nz (Matt Halstead)
Date: Fri Aug 6 11:50:15 2004
Subject: [cellml-discussion] cellml units

Section 5.2.1 of the cellml 1.1 specification
(http://www.cellml.org/public/specification/20030930/
cellml_specification.html#tab_units_cellml_units_dictionary) describes
the dictionary of standard units. Since we now have imports, is there
any reason not to create a SI base unit library that declares each of
these units in this table as a base_unit, and which modellers should
probably import by default?

A case example where this is useful in application development is an
editor application that forces a user to select a units for each
variable. If these units in table 2 were represented as a library and
imported, then we can simplify the method for building units available
for a variable.

Another use-case is providing a mechanism to curate this table of
units, we would be free to add new definitions, annotate them with RDF,
and then argue about them.

just a thought.

cheers
Matt