[cellml-discussion] Re: [team-cellml] API spec

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Re: [team-cellml] API spec
  • Date: Fri Feb 25 14:20:32 2005

> I'll update the document and see where we are at. After that there
> probably needs to be a syntax agreed on, I guess the Mozilla IDL?
I think it should officially be the OMG CORBA IDL, which is defined in CORBA
3.0
chapter 3.
(For the specification chapter, see
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/apps/doc?formal/02-06-39.pdf)

Mozilla XPIDL is similar but not identical to this(The xpidl compiler was
modified from the libIDL compiler(part of GNORBA, a CORBA implementation used
by GNOME)).

I would recommend that we do not initially specify language bindings, but
instead leave that to implementors discretion(as long as they follow a
consistant set of rules).

CORBA defines language bindings, but they are designed for use with CORBA and
do
not necessarily make sense for a local implementation. Mozilla does not
conform
to the C++ language binding.