Re: [cellml-discussion] Another thing to fix before CellML 1.1 is finalised

  • From: Andrew Miller <ak.miller AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: "For those interested in contributing to the development of CellML." <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cellml-discussion] Another thing to fix before CellML 1.1 is finalised
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:52:22 +1300

Quoting David Nickerson
<d.nickerson AT auckland.ac.nz>:

> I guess I must be missing something, but as I understand it the factors
> in that table are simply the numerical equivalent used when the name is
> given in a prefix attribute. e.g. 1 milli metre is equivalent to 1*10^-3
> metres (so prefix="-3").
Look at this in the context of equation 4, which explicitly specifies that the
prefix should be multiplied. Perhaps it is, however, equation 4 that is
wrong?(it also multiplies directly by the prefix attribute without raising it
to a power of 10). However, the prose should at least be clarified to explain
exactly what is meant by the factor, and how prefix is treated when it is an
integer.