[cellml-discussion] The direction of the graphing metadata specification

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] The direction of the graphing metadata specification
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:36:51 +0800

Hi all,

Currently the graphing metadata specification provides the basis for
drawing two-dimensional line or scatter plots of data defined through
simulations performed using CellML models. To distinguish multiple
traces on a graph, each trace can be assigned a colour and for scatter
plots a glyph.

In terms of a graphical user interface the current specification
probably provides enough information for useful plots to be drawn and
other clues/hints can be given in the interface to aid the user in
understanding the graph.

In terms of model publication, I think the current specification lacks
some information that is required for the complete specification of a
graph suitable, for example, for use in a journal article describing the
model. Also for model curation purposes it might be useful to have some