[cellml-discussion] PCEnv 0.1rc3 (release candidate for PCEnv 1.0)out

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] PCEnv 0.1rc3 (release candidate for PCEnv 1.0)out
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:51:16 +0800

bugs/suggestions for 0.1rc3 (Fedora Core 5 i386):

- still getting the rename dialog every time I right click on a model in
the model tree unless I specifically choose an option or move the mouse
away from the pop-up menu. Similarly, a right click in the graph window
will always result in a zoom out unless zoom full is specifically
highlighted or the mouse is moved away from the pop-up menu.

- once I have loaded several models and run the integrations, it is slow
to swap between models in the model tree. Given that all the models have
been run and have results, they can not be altered at all so there
should be no code generation going on at all. So does this confirm that
the RDF generation to make the variable list display is slowing down the
interface?

- and to follow on from above, when I select a different model in the
model tree, the model is highlighted immediately which to me indicates
that the model has been successfully selected and I can continue my
work. However, due to the time taken to update the rest of the interface
I still have to wait before I can do anything. Would be nice if the
selected model highlighting didn't happen until after everything was
ready for me to work with the selected model. Maybe unhighlight the
previous model but don't highlight the newly selected model until
everything is ready.

- by default there is no visible pane/window/whatever for the traces in
a graph. When I click "New" (which maybe should be relabelled "New
Trace"?) nothing apparently happens....I have to resize the traces pane
to be able to see that I have been adding traces to the graph.

- If I drag out the two graphing panes, I get to a pane that has a
Voltage VS Current tab - not sure what that is supposed to offer? Seems
any IV plots can already be done in the current graphs...

- is there a better way to choose variables for graphing? In a
reasonably complex model it is a real pain to scroll up and down the
component list and then choosing the right variable. Something where I
could start typing in variable names (ID's?) and have a completion list
of matching variables pop-up would be useful for me.

- and it would still be nice to have some other way to specify the
number of points in a graph than the point density.

- and a very minor issue, possibly due to the use of the max subscript
on the point density text label, all the labels (and units) in the
integrator settings pane are not quite aligned with the text boxes...

Andre.