[cellml-discussion] My additions to agenda

  • From: matt.halstead at auckland.ac.nz (Matt )
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] My additions to agenda
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:47:09 +1300

In no particular order

1. Review the long term roadmap document and the current development
document (especially those items that sit down the bottom and aren't
being bumped up yet).

2. Identify the exact people resources we need for various jobs.

3. A model reuse group with specific goals and agenda.

4. The future of the CellML repository (we have a PhD student starting
on this next year).

5. Model curation. Picking up where we left off with Andre's document
and various MIRIAM thoughts.

6. Ontologies. Where are they and what are they being used for? As
part of this I should explain Sarala's work on CellML model
visualisation. Time also to review the CellML metadata specification.

7. Bringing current CellML users together (perhaps propose a workshop
for developers).

8. SBML. The code is close (but static) to go between CellML and SBML
and back. What should our intention behind such a utility be?

9. CellML API bindings for other languages.

10. Review of CORBA. Should we continue down this path?

11. The CellML website - bringing together the trackers and
information. A review of how easy is it for developers or tool users
to start their adventures or to locate relevant information quickly or
to figure out what's new. Most obvious point is that the front page of
the CellML website has too many links; it's hard to follow a scent.

12. Code Generation from models.

13. Application loaders on the website - that is having the right
hooks activated by a link/button on a model page for the model to be
loaded into an particular application. Alan would like this for COR.
What would we need for JSim etc? An SBML converter here would allow us
to add quick a number more where the math and biology is applicable to
SBML tools.

14. Trac and subversion. Give a quick demo of what this offers (this
may be better left for another internal meeting).

15. The future of PCEnv. And what happened to the JAVA editor?

16. Part of 15 should be readdressing the workbench thought space.
That's where CORBA puts its hand up again.

So that's already too many.

  • [cellml-discussion] My additions to agenda, Matt , 12/06/2006