[cellml-discussion] Developing a set of milestones for futurereleases of the PCEnv

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Developing a set of milestones for futurereleases of the PCEnv
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:14:21 +1300

Shane Blackett wrote:
> Andrew Miller wrote:
>
>> Nickerson, David Phillip wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just wondering if there is some reason why math editing has been added as
>>> a PCEnv milestone independent of model editing/creation? In particular,
>>> given the stated benefit of math editing is the creation of models
>>> without editing XML - how can that be achieved without a more complete
>>> editing solution?
>>>

>> Because the milestones are supposed to be relative to the current trunk,
>> and the model editing is already implemented in the trunk.
>>

> I would have thought it more helpful to have the milestones relative to
> the previous release.

I can understand that keeping milestone lists would be useful history
for people to see what has happened with the project (and so I won't
delete completed items off the list), but I'm not sure that it makes
sense to retrospectively add 'milestones' that have already been completed.

Perhaps the ChangeLog for the 0.2 release would be a better place for
this information?