[cellml-discussion] BioModels qualifiers in CellML andreferences to external data

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] BioModels qualifiers in CellML andreferences to external data
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:34:34 +0800

Hi Andrew,

I can see how the current CellML metadata specification works in terms
of defining biological entities, but I can't see any way to simply say
"look here for why I use this parameter value" or "plot this
experimental data with this trace to show that the simulation results
are reasonable". This is where something like a isDescribedBy
relationship would seem appropriate.

I think that given SBML uses the BioModels qualifiers (with no
extensions yet) that it would be advantageous for both the CellML and
SBML community to use a common standard for these annotations. As such,
if we find examples that can't be described with the current set of
BioModels qualifiers then we should be working with the BioModels
community to extend them. Do you have any examples in mind that don't fit?

David.