[cellml-discussion] 7th release of BioModels Database

  • From: lenov at ebi.ac.uk (Nicolas Le Novere)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] 7th release of BioModels Database
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:32:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hinxton, January 5th 2007.

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the seventh release of BioModels Database,
the "DOQCS release". As the nickname of this release indicates, this
is the first one incorporating models coming from the Database of
Quantitative Cellular Signalling (see
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels/doc/BioModels_04Dec2006.pdf for more
info on this collaboration).

This new release sees the the addition of 16 models in the curated
branch, and 26 in the non-curated branch, bringing BioModels Database
to 6458 reactions.

As usual, a significant portion of the annotation of existing models
has been uptated. In addition, we kept on adding results of simulation
to document the curation process.

For more details on this release, please consult:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels/release_05January2007.html

BioModels Database is developed by the teams of Nicolas Le Novere
(EMBL-EBI, United-Kingdom) and Michael Hucka (SBML Team, Caltech, USA)
in collaboration with Upinder Bhalla (DOQCS, National Center for
Biological Sciences, India), Herbert Sauro (Keck Graduate Institute,
USA), Hiroaki Kitano (Systems Biology Institute, Japan) Hans
Westerhoff and Jacky Snoep (JWS Online, Stellenbosch University, ZA),
as part of the BioModels.net initiative
(http://biomodels.net). BioModels Database development has benefitted
from funds of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory and the
National Institute of General Medical Sciences.

Developers: M?lanie Courtot, Arnaud Henry, Camille Laibe, Chen Li
(main developer), Lu Li (Alumni: Marco Donizelli)

Model curators and annotators: Harish Dharuri, Enuo He, Nicolas Le Novere, Lu
Li, Rainer Machne, Bruce Shapiro.

A big thank-you to all our collaborators and submitters!

--
The BioModels Database team

  • [cellml-discussion] 7th release of BioModels Database, Nicolas Le Novere, 01/06/2007