[cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] corrections for the minutes

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] corrections for the minutes
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:47:27 +1300

David Nickerson wrote:
> Just to note that the page for the website has been ready for a while
> now, it is only the programme which is not finalised and can't be until
> we know who can make it....and we are running out of time to promote the
> event...

Thanks for the correction.

I have put an errata note after the relevant part of the minutes
explaining this.
> Also, my suggestion on use of graphing metadata in a separate file was
> aimed more at the case when you have graphs spanning simulations from
> multiple sources - ie, multiple models or simulation descriptions from
> different sources.

PCEnv allows multiple models (simulations are tied to models, we don't
have a way to represent the hierarchy of simulations yet either) for one
graph panel, so what you described applies in the general case. Peter's
suggestion was that we tab a large part of the UI interface, so that it
is possible to switch between completely different views, so that would
need to be a file which is a level above the models in terms of the UI
topology presented to the user (so a top-level file makes sense here).
> Finally, just wondering if we could get an update (to the
> cellml-dissussion list?) on the work Tommy is doing with metadata and
> the repository and how it ties in to the CellML API?

The CellML API doesn't have a metadata API, but I hope that Tommy's work
can at least give us a structure for the API (unfortunately Tommy's work
is in Python, to match with Zope, which isn't a very good match for the
rest of the CellML API). Other than that, there is no relationship,
because Tommy's work uses Python RDF APIs.