[cellml-discussion] PCEnv questions

  • From: tommy.yu at auckland.ac.nz (Tommy Yu)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] PCEnv questions
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:03:32 +1200

David Nickerson wrote:
>>> Three queries:
>>> 1. Regarding the saved session facility - if it is now possible to
>>> save a session that includes the model as well as the graph layout,
>>> could we not just load a session containing the model when you click
>>> on the website link to a model?
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I have already asked Tommy about this, but he was concerned that this
>> would be difficult to do with the current repository.
>
> one question - if we are planning on providing PCEnv specific data
> within the CellML model repository, are we also happy storing and
> providing access to other application specific data? And if so, what are
> the requirements such applications would need to meet?

My (new) proposal to deal with PCEnv specific data was to add a PCEnv
session file attachment field to a CellML model within the repository
(since the repository can't deal with anything but CellML 1.0 files, not
even 1.1), but I think this could be well expanded into a more general
file attachment field. I would think supplementary files, such as
documentation, charts, images/diagrams will fit right into there also
because the current way of documentation is quite insufficient (the
Model Information/Model Status fields that is found in a model page is
hard coded into the CellML file, and the images are from who knows
where). That would also allow the addition of other types of session
files (but you are right, how will a file be blessed enough to get into
the repository?).

To allow all sorts of attachments (actually, even *just* the PCEnv
session file attachment) will require quite a lot more work though; and
as I noted before, the repository code is loaded with too much cruft
right now and I am more keen on cleaning up the basics before adding
features to it.

Kind Regards,
Tommy.