[cellml-discussion] Include_in_CellML_1.2 requested: [TrackerItem153] Allow multiple connections between the same pair of components

  • From: jonathan.cooper at comlab.ox.ac.uk (Jonathan Cooper)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Include_in_CellML_1.2 requested: [TrackerItem153] Allow multiple connections between the same pair of components
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:18:32 +0100

* David Nickerson <david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg> [2007-08-29 04:21]:

> >> This seems to be a good reason to keep the rule as it is. Given there is
> >> already a sever lack of CellML validation tools it seems a bad idea to
> >> be making it more difficult for people to write such tools.
> >>
> > I don't follow. Removing the constraint should make life easier for
> > validation tools - it is one less thing they have to check.
>
> ok - guess I misinterpreted your comment. However, given the only tools
> close to CellML validators currently available already implement this
> check, it would appear that its not too much work to do so.

Indeed - it's a single assertion in Schematron, for instance, and I
wouldn't think it'd be much harder in any other framework.

Overall, I don't have a strong opinion either way on this issue. Just
removing the assertion should allow my software to still work with the
change. I do recall however that COR used to (and maybe still does)
restrict models to having only one group element for a given relationship
type, for ease of implementation. So there could be concerns in some
quarters.

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Cooper MSN: msn at jonc.me.uk www: jonc.me.uk/

Our library has so many books they had to put it in a multi-story building.