[cellml-discussion] A typed lambda calculus system for CellML

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] A typed lambda calculus system for CellML
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:24:37 +1200

Hi all,

I have been looking into how we could define a typed lambda calculus
system in CellML, and have written up a document to collect ideas on this:
http://www.cellml.org/Members/miller/outline-of-a-typed-lambda-calculus-system

This document does not yet aim to be a formal specification, but
instead, aims to outline all the ideas that we could use as a basis for
writing up the relevant parts of the formal specification.

Please feel free to discuss this and / or suggest improvements. I have
enabled commenting on the document in Plone for people with an account,
and this mailing list would also be a suitable place for discussion of
the document to take place.

Of particular interest is ideas about how this could be applied, and of
anything that we could potentially be missing (for example, whether this
is sufficient to support stochastic simulations with the addition of a
few operators, or if it needs more fundamental changes to allow for
that. This is something I am still looking into and would welcome ideas on).

  • [cellml-discussion] A typed lambda calculus system for CellML, Andrew Miller, 07/24/2008