[cellml-discussion] Auto-generate HDF5 from CellML?

  • From: david.nickerson at gmail.com (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Auto-generate HDF5 from CellML?
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:12:51 +0800

> I'm considering HDF5 for my storage needs in simulating a CellML model under
> multiple parameter scenarios. HDF5 is designed for efficient storage,
> retrieval, navigation and subsetting of huge data sets [1], with annotation
> [2].

> [2]
> http://www.hdfgroup.org/training/HDFtraining/UsersGuide/MF_Annot.fm1.html

this has been confusing me for a while, until I just realised that the
link [2] actually refers to a HDF4 user guide.

So without looking too far into it, I'm guessing that maybe object
attributes in HDF5
(http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/H5.intro.html#Intro-OAttributes)
have replaced the types of annotations discussed in [2]. Can anyone
confirm this? or suggest an alternative method to annotate specific
data objects in HDF5?

Thanks,
Andre.