[cellml-discussion] CellML model translation requests

  • From: c.lloyd at auckland.ac.nz (Catherine Lloyd)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML model translation requests
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:57:49 +1300

Dear All

As one of the main curators of the CellML Model Repository, I would
like to approach you - the community - to ask you if there are any
models, in particular, which you would like to see translated into
CellML. I would rather translate models that have been requested by
the "experts" rather than the alternative, which is for me randomly
choose models of my own accord from the literature!

Depending on what kind of a response I get, there will be a system for
assigning priority to the requests. Priority will be given to papers
which are pre-publication, especially where the journal has asked that
the model code be made available online at the time of going to
press. Model completeness is also a consideration, and if authors are
willing to share their original code this will be in the model's
favour as this makes the translation process much smoother.

In the future we intend to have a "request for model submission" form
as part of the new repository (PMR2). But until this happens the best
way to get your model translated into CellML and loaded into the
repository is to email me.

I look forward to hearing from some (many?!) of you.

Best wishes
Catherine