[cellml-discussion] Announcement of the new CellML Model Repository (and release of PMR2 v0.1)

  • From: tommy.yu at auckland.ac.nz (Tommy Yu)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Announcement of the new CellML Model Repository (and release of PMR2 v0.1)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:39:33 +1200

Alan Garny wrote:
> Hi Tommy,
>
> Well done on getting PMR2 out into the open!

Hi Alan,

Thank you.

> A few things:
> - Is there any documentation/tutorial that I could read so that I can learn
> more about the differences between PMR1 and PMR2, as well as learn the
> basics about PMR2 (e.g. what is an exposure?, what is a workspace?, what is
> Mercurial?)?

It will be written soon.

> - Full model listing: by clicking on the full model listing, I can see that
> 'only' the first 100 models are listed. Is there no way to really get the
> full listing? It might also be nice to have anchors that would allow us to

The 100 model listing limit was put into place to decrease loading time. If
you would like to see the full listing, you will need to login, then select
'folder contents', and scroll to the bottom, select 'Show all items'. You
can sort by name or other fields that are present.

> go straight to the first model where the first author's name starts with an
> "A", "B", "C", etc. Also, though I like the list of categories of models in
> the homepage, I think it would be nice, in the full model listing, to have
> fields on which to sort the list. E.g. one could sort by name (as is
> currently the case), year, model type (i.e. the category mentioned on the
> front page), type with a given category (e.g. in cardiac electrophysiology,
> it could be ventricular, atrial, purkinje fibre, etc.).

Sorting by category will be difficult because most models have multiple
categories (which are actually keywords associated with the model).

> - Access a model via "Solve using OpenCell": I have PCEnv (not OpenCell,
> since it will only be called that as of the next official release) installed
> on my system (Windows XP) and clicked on the link, but all that did was to
> offer me to save the file (I have tried using both Opera and Firefox). I
> have just tried under Linux using Firefox, and same story. Otherwise, the
> URL contains "pcenv" while I would have expected "opencell", if anything...

You need to manually get your browser to associate that link with
PCEnv/OpenCell, as it is sent via a custom mime-type.

> - Generation of procedural code for a particular model: it might be useful
> to mention the version of the CellML API that was used to generate the code?
> In the past, people have often assumed that PMR1 used the latest version
> when I understand it wasn't the case. It might now be the case with PMR2 (I
> don't know!), but in any case it would help to know the version used.

Yes, good point. Currently CellML API 1.6 is used to generate the code.

> Anyway, those are just a few quick thoughts... for having had a very quick
> look at PMR2... :)

Thank you for your observations.

Regards,
Tommy.