[cellml-discussion] The CellML library basics

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] The CellML library basics
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:49:50 +0100

(Thanks for the link to the CellML2C source; that was very helpful.)

(Also, I'm more than willing to move this to some other forum if it's
better suited there.)

So, I feel like I'm missing something pretty fundamental here, because I
can't figure out how to set the name of a model. The example Java program
sets the name with a 'setName' function, but this doesn't exist for the
basic C++. The docs say:

attribute CellMLAttributeString name
The name associated with this CellML element.

but trying to do (say)

model->name = L"modelname";

tells me 'invalid use of member', which probably refers to the fact that

model->name()

is a *function* that will give me the name of the model, should it already
be set.

So I don't know whether the docs are out of date, or if the 'attribute'
bit means something I'm unfamiliar with, or what.

In other first-encounter-with-the-library news, I am sad that there is no
loadFile option, just loadFromURL and createFromText. Is the standard
recommendation to convert a filename to a URL, or to load the file and
extract the text myself?

Thanks for bearing with me through the newbie stage!

-Lucian