[cellml-discussion] Exponentiating in OpenCell

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Exponentiating in OpenCell
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 08:53:43 +1200

On 08/09/10 08:38, Erin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use OpenCell to structure a model, but I'm having trouble
> using the equation editor. I'm typing in equations like the tutorial
> recommends and I'm using the character "^" to exponentiate. OpenCell
> doesn't seem to recognize that character, so how I should I express
> exponents?

Hi Erin,

You can use exp(number) or equivalently power(exponentiale, number)

I think the tutorial might need updating.

> Also, is there a better way to export the cellML that is more readable
> than what is in the XML tab? The XML tab is not formatted at all and is
> very difficult to read, and that is also how the saved file looks when
> opened in a text editor. The "export" feature does not work at all for me.

You can right click on the model in the left hand 'model listing'
control (or the equivalent for Mac), then choose 'Format nicely'. Then
save the model, and it will be formatted according to standard rules.

Best wishes,
Andrew