[cellml-discussion] 18th release of BioModels Database

  • From: camille.laibe at ebi.ac.uk (Camille Laibe)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] 18th release of BioModels Database
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:56:57 +0100

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the eighteenth release of BioModels Database.

In this release, 157 new models have been published. The public version
of BioModels Database now contains 269 models in the curated and 361 in
the non-curated branch. Together, these 630 models comprise 79224
species and 109091 reactions. Some of the existing models have been
converted to SBML Level 2 Version 4, while others have been corrected
with annotational updates to enhance their reusability. The database now
features 20426 cross-references.

Along with the data release, we are introducing several new converters.
Models in BioModels Database are now available in these new or updated
formats (as well as in the previously supported formats):
- XPP (updated)
- BioPAX Level 2 (updated)
- BioPAX Level 3 (new)
- Octave (new)
We will soon announce the availability of the source code of these new
converters and the associated online service.

Finally, we would like to give a special thank you to Kieran Smallbone,
who single-handedly submitted several already annotated models!

For more details about this release, please check:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels-main/static-pages.do?page=release_20100930

Finally, for those of you who are going to the ICSB 2010 in Edinburgh, I
would like to advertise the tutorial on BioModels Database that our team
of curators will provide there. Cf. http://www.icsb2010.org.uk/tutorials/ .

BioModels Database is being developed by the Computational Systems
Neurobiology group (EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute, United
Kingdom) and the SBML Team (California Institute of Technology, USA).
The collaborators are the Database Of Quantitative Cellular Signalling
(National Center for Biological Sciences, India), the Virtual Cell
(University of Connecticut Health Center, USA), JWS Online (Stellenbosch
University, ZA) and the CellML Team (Auckland Bioengineering Institute, NZ).

BioModels Database development is funded by the European Molecular
Biology Laboratory (Computational Systems Neurobiology group), the UK
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (Computational
Systems Neurobiology group), the National Institute of General Medical
Sciences (SBML team and Computational Systems Neurobiology group), and
the National Center for Research Resources (Virtual Cell team).

BioModels Database also benefited from the help of Herbert Sauro
(Washington University, USA) and Hiroaki Kitano (Systems Biology
Institute, Japan), and from the funds of the DARPA (Sauro team).

A big thank you to all collaborators and submitters.

We also want to thank the SBML community for their support and the tools
they provide and develop.

The BioModels Database Team
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels/

--
Camille Laibe
BioModels.net Coordinator

  • [cellml-discussion] 18th release of BioModels Database, Camille Laibe, 10/01/2010