[cellml-discussion] Final release of SED-ML Level 1 Version 1

  • From: lenov at ebi.ac.uk (Nicolas Le Novère)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Final release of SED-ML Level 1 Version 1
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:42:50 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the release of the final specification for the
Simulation Experiment Description Markup Language (SED-ML) Level 1 Version
1. It is available now from:

http://sed-ml.org/

SED-ML is an XML-based format for encoding experiments involving the
numerical simulations of quantitative models. SED-ML describes the
selection and modifications of the models to be used in the experiment, the
simulation procedures that will be applied, the simulation experiments
themselves, and the post-processing and output of numerical results.

This first version of SED-ML covers non-nested simulation tasks, where the
variables and parameters used to modify a model do not depend on prior
simulations. Only one simulation approach is provided, that is uniform time
course simulations. It is expected that SED-ML will become more
comprehensive as software support grows.

We would like to thank all of the many members of the relevant communities
who by their discussions and support made the development of SED-ML
possible. The following people deserve special mention for their input
towards the current specification.

# Mike Hucka
# Fedor Kolpakov
# Ion Moraru
# David Nickerson
# Sven Sahle
# Henning Schmidt
# Jacky Snoep

SED-ML is a community effort, involving software developers from different
simulation tools and model representation formats. We do very much
appreciate your contribution; please subscribe to sed-ml-discuss on
SourceForge: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sed-ml-discuss

The SED-ML editors
Dagmar Waltemath, Frank Bergmann, Richard Adams, Nicolas Le Nov?re

  • [cellml-discussion] Final release of SED-ML Level 1 Version 1, Nicolas Le Novère, 03/26/2011