[cellml-discussion] First unofficial draft of specification on CellML parameter uncertainty

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] First unofficial draft of specification on CellML parameter uncertainty
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:30:46 +0100

Hi Andrew,

CellML
> parameters could be represented.
>
> The first draft of this document is attached as a PDF; please let me know
what
> you think.
>
> The specification is in DocBook; the source code and scripts to generate
PDF and
> XHTML from it are on github at:
> https://github.com/A1kmm/cellml-uncertainty
>
> If you are proposing substantial changes, the preferred format is as a
change to
> the DocBook in a public git repository, but I am willing to manually merge
in
> suggested changes in any form.
>
> Please let me know if you have any comments on the document.
>
> The next stage will be to try to implement the specification so the
specification
> has some implementation experience.

I am not into that kind of modelling, so just a few general comments from
me:
- Do we really want to go with csymbol? From your document, I understand
that it might be to keep compatibility with CellML 1.0 and 1.1? If so, then
I really don't see why you would want that, since most (all?) of the
existing CellML-capable software are unable to deal with uncertainty. So, it
might just be better (cleaner) to use 'proper' element names?
- Why "uncert1" (as opposed to, say, "uncert" or something that doesn't
have a "1" in it) in the csymbol definition URL?
- Regarding your two examples, it would help the reader if you were to
mathematically introduce them rather than just provide the corresponding
CellML code.
- Regarding the CellML code you give as an example, it might help to put
the units definitions before the component definition. Also, it would be
good to respect the indentation (especially for the math element), and use a
smaller font or reduce the margins, if necessary.

Alan