Re: [cellml-discussion] Fwd: [COMBINE 2017] Call for participation and poster submission deadline

  • From: Peter Hunter <p.hunter AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: cellml-discussion Mailing List <cellml-discussion AT lists.cellml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cellml-discussion] Fwd: [COMBINE 2017] Call for participation and poster submission deadline
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 21:52:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-NZ, en-US

Hi Andre,

I'm just about to start building SVG diagrams representing bond graph based
CellML models (for use in our WebGL multiscale GUI). This means I have to
designing glyphs for the ion channels, membrane transporters, pumps, etc,
with a compromise between attractiveness from a biological perspective
(instantly recognisable as an ion channel, etc) and simplicity. The current
SBGN ones are too computer science oriented for a biologist friendly GUI. It
would be nice to have a community standard for these glyphs and a library of
them to draw on. Could that be put on the agenda? A start might be to have a
small working group who could come up with suggestions for community
feedback. I'd be happy to either lead the group or just participate. I'm
guessing there may be an effort underway somewhere for this already. Clearly
it would be good to connect this effort with the SBGN activity if that is
still going.

Cheers, Peter

Sent from my iPhone