[cellml-discussion] OpenCOR: new snapshot available

  • From: Alan Garny <alan.garny AT inria.fr>
  • To: "cellml-discussion AT cellml.org" <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] OpenCOR: new snapshot available
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:31:42 +0200
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:zp0SBRVLkiYyJcPzjZJTXI3L/9DV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZhaOt8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6P+wHzFYqb+681k8M7V0HycfjssXmwFySOWkMmbcaMDQUiohAc5ZX0Vk9XzoeWJcGcL5ekGA6ibqtW1aLC7iLhJ4LfjZHYvbjsL/l7zjus7ueQEAuB6RKfMvbUb+kQKE/MIbhY9nLuM9ywDCv2BTeuNQ7WhlIVaWm1D7/Mj6tMpo/iBUvvZk+89bWrjhZKU/S5RTATAiNmRz49fk40rtVwyKs1IYW2NevRNSBRmNuBj+V5G3vSLgsPtV2S+APMSwQ6piCmfq1LtiVBK90HRPDDU+6myC15B9

Dear all,

This is just to let you know that a new OpenCOR snapshot has been released
(see here).

This snapshot is mainly the result of having upgraded/changed some of the
tools that we use to develop OpenCOR, namely Qt and QtWebKit (the latter
being a Qt wrapper for WebKit, a library for rendering Web pages).

FWIW, we upgraded from Qt 5.6.2 LTS to Qt 5.9.2 LTS, which is Qt’s latest
long-term support version. Also, until now, we used to rely on the official
version of QtWebKit, but it hasn’t been on par with WebKit’s latest
developments for quite some time now. We therefore moved to QtWebKit
Reloaded, which is regularly updated against WebKit (as it happens, it looks
like QtWebKit Reloaded might, at some point, actually replace the official
version of QtWebKit). Such a move does not only ensure that our copy of
QtWebKit includes all the latest security fixes from WebKit, but that we can
also take advantage of newer WebKit features, e.g. the ability to render
animated SVG diagrams.

Best regards, Alan.

P.S.: feel free to spread the word and subscribe to our users (or even
developers) mailing list.