[cellml-discussion] OpenCOR: new snapshot available

  • From: Alan Garny <alan.garny AT inria.fr>
  • To: "cellml-discussion AT cellml.org" <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] OpenCOR: new snapshot available
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 18:43:06 +0100
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:dqk4XxBq1T84yvJQ2/vfUyQJP3N1i/DPJgcQr6AfoPdwSPX+pMbcNUDSrc9gkEXOFd2Cra4c0qyO6+jJYi8p2d65qncMcZhBBVcuqP49uEgeOvODElDxN/XwbiY3T4xoXV5h+GynYwAOQJ6tL1LdrWev4jEMBx7xKRR6JvjvGo7Vks+7y/2+94fcbglUmTaxe69+IAmrpgjNq8cahpdvJLwswRXTuHtIfOpWxWJsJV2Nmhv3+9m98p1+/SlOovwt78FPX7n0cKQ+VrxYES8pM3sp683xtBnMVhWA630BWWgLiBVIAgzF7BbnXpfttybxq+Rw1DWGMcDwULs7Xims77pwSB/wligIKyI5/m/Qisx1lq1boRShrAF7z4PbZIyZMfxzca3HfdMeWGFPQMBfWSJcCY+4cocCAe8NMOBFpIf/ulQOtwOzCgeiCu3yyjFGmHz40qIm3Ok6FAHKwAkgEsgSvHnOrtj4MroZX+CvzKnPyDXOd+9b2TPn54jObxsvoOuDXah2ccvR1EIiEBnKjlGKpozjJT+V2f4Cs3Kd7+tgTu+vimgnqxtwoje13MsshJPJi5sTx1vZ+yt5x4M1Kse5SE59edOkH5xQtyaVN4tyXMwuWX1nuCE/yrEevp67ZDYFyJI7yB7YcfyLaYaJ4gn7WOaeIDd4mHJleK+kiBqo7Uegzej8W8+p21hJtipIisTAu3QT2xDJ98SKRPRw8l281TuO2A3f8PxILVw7mKbDNpIsxrA9moATvEjeBCP6hln6gayMekk65+Sl5OLqaaj8qJCGLY97kAT+P7wumsOhBeQ4NRADX22B9uS90L3u81T1QK9Ugf0yiKbZsYvaKd0Apq6+Gw9ZyIAj5AyjDzen19QYm2MILFZfdBKGiYjpIVDOL+riAfexmVSgiDZrx/bYMb39GpjBM3zOnKn7cbpg5UNRxxA/wc1e6p9bEL0NPe7/V0DpuNzdFBA5Mgi0w+j9CNV604MTQXiAAquDP6PUq1OI6fggI/OKZI4Vozv9Kv4l5+TvjXAjg1Mdc7Op0YMNaH+kBvRmP1mZYX30j9gdD2gKug4+TOnuiFGbTDFTZm2yUL4h5jEgE4KmDIDDRoa2jbyF3Se7BYFWZntcBl+QD3joc4GEW/IIaC6IJc9hiDMEBvCdTNpr3hyqsAr+jrZmNeHJ4TYZspTL39Vx4+jX0xYo+nY8W8+Q12WISyR4n3gDWiQt3ad5iUdwzlOG1e5/mfMORvJJ4PYcewMzM9bzxvZ8GpimUwbIeJGGQUygU/2nByswR5Q/2YldMA5GB9y+g0WbjGKRCLgPmunVXsVloJKZ5GD4IoNG81iD0aAgi1c8Rc4WbT+ngLR+/k7dHdyRng==

Dear all,

This is just to let you know that a new OpenCOR snapshot has been released
(see here).

The main focus of this snapshot was on adding support for multiple runs.
People who have used (and maybe still use?!) COR will be familiar with that
feature. For those who don’t know what I am talking about, imagine running a
model (and getting some traces out of it). Now, say that you rerun the model.
OpenCOR will clear the plotting area and rerun the model using the state of
the model at the end of the previous run (unless you decided to reset the
model). Using this snapshot, you will get the same behaviour, except that
OpenCOR will not automatically clear the plotting area (note that you can
still clear it yourself, if needed).

This feature means that you can also run a model and then rerun it with
different initial conditions (as before), this without having the previous
runs cleared (unlike before). For example, consider the Noble 1962 model. We
ran it three times using different values for the maximum sodium conductance
(400, 350 and then 300 mS/cm2):

As you might expect, support for multiple runs has also been added to our CSV
and BioSignalML exports (note that it still works if you use different output
intervals for your runs).

However, when it comes to SED-ML, we don’t currently serialise the fact that
a simulation may consist of several runs. Indeed, this would first require
some work on other aspects of our SED-ML support, something that we are going
to do, but not just now.

Indeed, OpenCOR 0.5 was released more than 15 months ago, which means that
OpenCOR 0.6 is well overdue. So, consider this snapshot as a beta version of
OpenCOR 0.6. In other words, have a (very) serious play with it and let us
know of any issue that you come across.

Best regards, Alan.

P.S.: feel free to spread the word and subscribe to our users (or even
developers) mailing list.

PNG image