Re: [cellml-discussion] PMR staging/teaching server data wipe/restructuring

  • From: Tommy Yu <tommy.yu AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: cellml-discussion AT lists.cellml.org
  • Subject: Re: [cellml-discussion] PMR staging/teaching server data wipe/restructuring
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 23:03:02 -0400

Hi,

The new teaching instance has been prepared; a final data migration using
data from existing teaching instance will be done in about twelve hours with
the rollover from the existing instance to that new instance done immediately
after. There will be a brief service interruption while that is done.

The staging instance has been rebuilt, with its data restored from production
backups for the current staging deployment.

Both these instances are now on separate VMs with more RAM allocated, and are
running on the same production profile as the production server, so hopefully
going forward these will be as stable as the production instance. Naturally,
this staging (and teaching, to an extent) will be used for gauging the actual
stability of this completely new server setup that is produced with a new set
of mostly automated deployment scripts. If this new setup doesn't crash over
the next month or two I will then action the same deployment for the
production instance.

Cheers,
Tommy.