Re: [cellml-discussion] Improving searching in the Physiome Model Repository

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: CellML Discussion List <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cellml-discussion] Improving searching in the Physiome Model Repository
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 09:32:42 +1300
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. This is certainly something we are thinking about,
particularly as the quality and quantity of the semantic annotations in PMR
increases we are able to start putting together different views of the
content. For example, being able to browse based on ontological hierarchies
is something that I am very interested in. As well as improving the
available search tools.

The survey is aimed at helping us understand the current baseline usage of
PMR so that we can measure, to some extent, any improvement moving forward.

Cheers,
Andre.

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 07:50, Michael Clerx
<cell AT michaelclerx.com>
wrote:

> Hi Andre!
>
> Have answered some of the questions, but to me they miss the main point.
> The underlying git/workspace/exposure/curated-model structure is way too
> complex, I'd much prefer a single curated list of models, ideally with some
> inheritance/family structure.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>

> On 11/11/2019 02:11, David Nickerson wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> We have just launched a new feature on the Physiome Model Repository (
> https://models.physiomeproject.org) - it’s a survey to help us understand
> how people are using the repository and how successful we are at helping
> users find the information they are looking for. From now, when you visit
> the repository you will be asked if you want to opt-in to the survey, as
> per the image below, if you hit the “More Info” button then you’ll be able
> to opt-into the survey.
>

> We would very much appreciate it if you could opt-in and help us get a
> good picture of PMR users and especially how we can improve your model
> discovery experience. If you have any feedback that is not asked via this
> survey, please get in touch with either myself or Yuda (CC’d).
>

> Cheers,
>
> Andre.
>

> [image: Capture.PNG]
>

> --
>
> David Nickerson, PhD
>
> Aotearoa Physiome Fellow
>
> Auckland Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland
>
> d.nickerson AT auckland.ac.nz
>
> https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4667-9779
>

> https://reproduciblebiomodels.org/

PNG image