[cellml-discussion] Fwd: Offering support for creation of COVID archives

  • From: David Nickerson <david.nickerson AT gmail.com>
  • To: cellml-discussion AT lists.cellml.org
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Fwd: Offering support for creation of COVID archives
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 18:31:24 +1200

Hi all,

Please see the announcement below...

Cheers,
David.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Waltemath, Dagmar
<dagmar.waltemath AT uni-greifswald.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 09:08
<combine-coord AT googlegroups.com>

Dear colleagues,
(please distribute)

Modeling and simulation is one tool to help better understand the causes
and predict the behaviour of the COVID-19 pandemic. We believe that models
from the COMBINE community need to be made available as quickly as possible
in highest quality.

To support the community, we applied for (and received) funding from the
EOSC Fast track program. Until November 2020, we offer you support in
publishing your model-based results as reproducible, curated and annotated
COMBINE archives in a BioModels special collection for COVID 19.

Modelers will gain guidance on how to provide their model code as COMBINE
archives. For example, we publish examples of fully featured COMBINE
archives, offer Q&A sessions and online consultation. We also work on
technical issues with the libraries and software tools needed to build
COMBINE archives. Curators at BioModels offer a „fast track to publication“
for COVID-19 models, putting highest priority to curation of the models and
making them available through different channels (BioModels website,
twitter, mailing lists) and in related communities and standardisation
bodies.

Please contact us if you need help building a COMBINE Archive, if you want
your model to appear in the BioModels collection, or if you run into
problems using libraries, tools and ontologies needed to build COVID
archives.
Further information is available on our website at:

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels/covid-19

We are looking forward to working with you.
Henning Hermjakob, Rahuman Sheriff & the BioModels team (EMBL-EBI)
Matthias König (HU Berlin)
Martin Scharm (codeahoi.de)
Dagmar Waltemath & Esther Inau (University Medicine Greifswald)

Prof. Dr. Dagmar Waltemath
⛁ Medical Informatics Laboratory
Section Epidemiology of Health Care and Community Health
University Medicine Greifswald
Ellernholzstraße 1-2, R 3411.143, D-17487 Greifswald
🕾 +49 3834 86 7548
🖅
dagmar.waltemath AT uni-greifswald.de

  • [cellml-discussion] Fwd: Offering support for creation of COVID archives, David Nickerson, 08/21/2020