[cellml-dev] FW: r1791 - simple_interface_generators/trunk/glue/xpcom

  • From: r.britten at auckland.ac.nz (Randall Britten)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] FW: r1791 - simple_interface_generators/trunk/glue/xpcom
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:12:17 +1200

Alan Garny wrote:
> Portability is important to me. If anything, we could always make a
comment
> that mentions the cleaner, but less portable, code?

I agree that portability is important, but it is similar to optimization.
If done prematurely, it harms design quality. We have a build system that
alerts us if checked in code doesn't compile. In this case, I would suggest
that unless it breaks on one of our existing platforms, let's prefer
"abort()".