[cellml-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: title and abstract?]]

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: title and abstract?]]
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:08:12 +1300

Catherine Lloyd wrote:
> Hi Andrew, Poul and Peter
>
> Would you like to discuss Alan's comments further?

Hi all,

After talking with Catherine, it appears that there is no time scheduled
to discuss the CellML specification development effort - I was under the
impression until now that we were going to have a discussion session on
that, so I think that this is an issue, as specification development
should be one of the highest priorities in terms of what is discussed at
a CellML workshop (although Andre is apparently talking about the
metadata side of things).

That said, we also need to cover what has changed in PCEnv since the
last CellML workshop as many people in the audience will probably be
interested in this. My impression was that Alan's talk was to focus on
his proposed changes to the layout (which I understand will only be a
mock-up rather than having the backend features implemented), and so is
probably quite a different type of talk to the PCEnv talk covering the
work that Justin and I have done over the last year.

One option would be for Alan, Justin, and myself to collaborate and fill
one talk with both what has been done on PCEnv and what our plans for
the future are - if we are to make this a presentation on behalf of all
the PCEnv developers, rather than just one person's take on direction,
however, it will probably change the nature of the presentation
somewhat, and this might prove more difficult to organise.

This would leave the other slot free to disucss, at the very least, the
process for getting community involvement on the specification, and
perhaps a summary of the major proposals that have been made, for the
benefit of those who have not been closely following the specification.