[cellml-dev] CellML code generation and <csymbol>

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] CellML code generation and <csymbol>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:28:02 +1300

David Brooks wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> How are things going?
>
> I'm wanting to implement constructs such as:
>
> <csymbol definitionURL="ex:examples">
> myfunction
> <ci>param</ci>
> </csymbol>
>
> and have them resolve to "myfunction(param)" in generated code. Also
> ideally (using Python as an example) there should also be a generated
> "import function from examples" or similar.

CCGS doesn't support this yet, although it is a good idea; you could
create a tracker item to suggest it at https://tracker.physiomeproject.org/

> I have played with CCGS/tests/CellML2Python.cpp and added L"ex:examples:
> #prec[999]myfunction(#exprs[, ])\r\n" to the list of transformations,
> which does everything except change the name of the called function when
> the text content of the <csymbol> changes. Is there a '#' command that
> pulls in the text content?

Not yet; although patches for this would be welcome.

> Thinking about automatically generating imports, I guess the way to do
> so is to iterate over <csymbol> elements in the DOM...
>
> Are you the right person to ask these questions of? If not, who is?

Probably best to direct questions like this to our mailing list:
the relevant people are on the list, as well as others who might benefit
from the answer.

> And is the MaLaES transformation language documented somewhere?? Or do I
> continue studying the C++ implementation?? :-)

Yes (kind of). Look at cellml-api/MaLaES/docs/MALFormat.txt in the
source tree. If you notice anything in the documentation that needs to
be updated, then please let us know (patches are welcome).

Best wishes,
Andrew