[cellml-dev] Connections and v1.3 suggestions

  • From: david.nickerson at gmail.com (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Connections and v1.3 suggestions
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:27:12 +1200

Hi Lucian,

Nice description! just to pick out one specific aspect to comment on...

> It would also be nice if you dropped the restriction that a varible's
> intial value and rate of change be defined in the same component. ?This
> would allow people to define models where the intial values might be all
> collected and defined in a single component, with the rates of change
> scattered throughout the model.

this is already supported in CellML 1.1 in that you can set a
variable's initial_value attribute to be a variable name, and then
that variable can have its value come from outside the component. This
is something I routinely do - as you say, it is very useful to have a
initial value component with a consistent set of these values stored
in one place. (See section 3.4.3 in the 1.1 specification.)

Cheers,
Andre.