[cellml-dev] Latest xulrunner problems

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Latest xulrunner problems
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 23:26:16 +0000

* Lucian Smith <lpsmith at spod-central.org> [2010-10-27 21:16] writes:
> So, I was getting the error:
>
> /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so: undefined reference to `PL_ClearArenaPool'

So, I finally worked out what was going on. It turns out that
xulrunner-sdk comes with its own 'libnssutil3.so', but so does my system.
When compiling (and presumably when running), it was finding
/usr/lib/libnssutil3.so and that caused conflicts with the version of
xulrunner-sdk I had installed in /home/lpsmith/

However, I couldn't synchronize /home/lpsmith/xulrunner-sdk/ with the
library versions that were installed on my system because the CellML API
will not compile with the latest xulrunner. So if that could be fixed,
that'd be great.

I solved the problem for now by putting /home/lpsmith/xulrunner-sdk/lib
and .../bin into LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but it'd be nice if that wasn't
necessary. Thank you!

-Lucian

  • [cellml-dev] Latest xulrunner problems, Lucian Smith, 11/10/2010