[cellml-dev] FW: Compiling OpenCell and/or getting a .lib

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] FW: Compiling OpenCell and/or getting a .lib
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 01:30:13 +0000

* Andrew Miller <ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz> [2010-12-16 22:23] writes:

> Hi Lucian,
>
> I think you are very close to get it working - I think you just need to
> make sure the path to xml2.lib is in the path when you run
> ValidateCellML (the same as when you build it). Running libtool-based
> programs in place is more than simply running the binary, it actually
> builds a wrapper program with the compiler, so you need to have the
> appropriate environmental variables for the full build environment set
> up if you run them.

I... don't really understand this, but OK. Are you saying that if I give
these compiled .exe files to someone, they won't be able to run them, even
if they have the necessary dlls in the same directory? And if so, can I
wrap the .exe in a batch file or something that will set the environment
variables appropriately? Is there a simple example of something that does
this for Windows? Because the whole point is to be able to give people an
executable they can download without having to compile everything
themselves.

It's possible the same thing is happening on my Windows 7 machine. I have
managed to compile it with the windows build system and have it be
runnable within Cygwin, but not by double-clicking: when I double-click
on the .exe, I get the 64 bit/32 bit message. But maybe that's a red
herring? When I try to run 'depends' on the .exe file, it has no idea
what the file is at all, and the same thing happened for a different
program that was supposed to diagnose/fix the 32/64 bit issue (it simply
had no idea what the file was supposed to be).

-Lucian