[cellml-dev] piecewise functions

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] piecewise functions
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:40:01 +1300

On 06/01/11 08:01, Lucian Smith wrote:
> So, it seems your form of piecewise functions are different than they used
> to be. Since the unit/units thing turned out to be an oversight, I
> figured I'd check to see if this was intentional, too. Basically, in the
> old format equality was checked with '==', but in the new format, it's
> just '='.

Hi Lucian,

Both == and = are now equivalent everywhere; either is fine for
generated code.

CellML makes no distinction between assignment and 'testing for
equality' - everything is essentially an assertion, and so I have simply
made the TeLICeM generator consistent by using the same code to generate
toplevel equalities are for other code.

We could make the model -> TeLICeM translator use == everywhere; if you
think this is better, it would probably be best to open a new tracker
item and see if we can get consensus there.

Best wishes,
Andrew

> (Also, thanks for the other responses; I figured I'd try to separate
> issues into separate emails if possible.)
>
> -Lucian

  • [cellml-dev] piecewise functions, Andrew Miller, 01/12/2011