[cellml-dev] New parentheses behavior in Telicems

  • From: lpsmith at spod-central.org (Lucian Smith)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] New parentheses behavior in Telicems
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 01:11:06 +0100

The new version of Telicems seems to add parentheses to its output. Where
I used to get formulas like:

gL_max * (Vm - EL)

I now get:

(gL_max * (Vm - EL))

Internally, some other formulas have lost their parentheses:

(Vm - Vt) / (Rs * Ct)

((Vm - Vt) / Rs * Ct)

or:

(Istim - (INa + IK + IL + IT)) / Cm

((Istim - INa + IK + IL + IT) / Cm)

Both of which change the meaning of the formulas!

(All of these formulas come from
adrian_chandler_hodgkin_1970/adrian_chandler_hodgkin_1970.cellml

It's possible that the last is due to a change in the file itself from the
last time I ran it, but I am getting a lot of parentheses changes like
this.

Is this a bug in the new telicems library, or the old one or something
else? And can I request that the extra external parentheses be dropped
again? Thank you!

-Lucian