[cellml-dev] [cellml-discussion] CellML API 1.10rc1 available now

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] [cellml-discussion] CellML API 1.10rc1 available now
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 11:24:47 +0100

Hi Andrew,

> > Thanks a lot for 1.10rc1. Just a few questions/requests, if you don't
mind:
> > - Would it be possible to have different names for the Linux
> > .tar.bz2 files? Right now, both the x86 and x64 versions have the same
> > name. No big deal, of course, but still it would be nice.
>
> I've committed a change that will add i686 and x86_64 to the filenames;
I'll be
> trying it out shortly, once I've made sure all the other feedback is
addressed.

Thanks, that worked fine for me with 1.10rc2.

> > - More importantly, for me, is the wish for a compressed version of
> > the Mac OS X binary. Right now, you are offering a .dmg file which I
> > am not interested in, sorry...
>
> I'm a bit concerned that we are getting a proliferation of different
packages,
> and it is getting out of hand.

> Given how easy it is to convert between .dmg and .tar.bz2, and that most
API
> users on Mac should be happy with the .dmg, I think we need a strong
> justification why it would be helpful to add yet another option - could
you
> please elaborate on why a .dmg is not sufficient for your needs?

With the .dmg offering, I thought that it would contain a self-installer (as
is the case for some Windows distributions), but it wasn't the case when I
unpacked the 1.10rc1 last time. So, in effect, I am OK with it. The only
thing I would say is that, from what I remember, the files were 'buried'
under a few layers of folders. If anything, I would have them under the
'root' folder, but it's not critical and maybe you have changed things with
1.10rc2 (I should be able to find out tonight when I am back home).

Alan