[cellml-dev] Programmatically solving cellml models

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-dev] Programmatically solving cellml models
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:11:25 +1300

On 17/01/12 00:42, Paolo Pannarale wrote:
> Dear developers, I'm still trying to run cellml models under windows
> through the cellml api, I first run into problems because of relative
> xlink:hrefs but that issue is now solved. I can successfully run the
> ccgs test cellml2c.cpp. Anyway I still have an exception at line 449
> of Runcellml.cpp of CIS test:
>
> ccm = cis->compileModelODE(mod); ->> Exception (could not compile
> model...)
>
> I set up the following env vars
>
> PATH C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCell\gcc\bin;C:\Program Files
> (x86)\OpenCell\gcc\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2;%CELLML_HOME%\lib
> LIBRARY_PATH C:\Program Files
> (x86)\OpenCell\gcc\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2;C:\Program Files
> (x86)\OpenCell\gcc\lib;%CELLML_HOME%\include
>
> or
>
> C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\libexec\gcc\mingw32\4.6.1;%CELLML_HOME%\lib
> %CELLML_HOME%\include;C:\MinGW\lib;C:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.6.1
> with cellml_home=C:\Program Files (x86)\cellml-sdk-1.10_msvc
>
> without these variables i get "createprocess failed (2)"
>
> I'd like to debug the api in order to find the problem but i don't
> know how to do it...I tried unsuccesfully to setup a msvc project of
> the cis module...
>
> I suppose it's an environment setup problem...

Hi Paolo,

You should be able to run it in a Windows debugger (MSVC or WinDbg) -
you need to tell it to debug the executable you create, not create a
project from source. However, note that there are no debug symbols in
the standard binary builds of the CellML API, so debugging will be
difficult because you won't see any symbols in these builds. If you
build the CellML API from source, you can turn on debugging information.

If you just need to get things going, I'd try a few things first:
1. make sure you aren't mixing different versions of the API in the
path, especially if you have OpenCell or an older version of the API in
your path; I'd suggest putting the new CellML API first.
2. check that you can run the stripped down version of gcc from
OpenCell from the command line, and that it can produce a small test
program, and link with -lcis. I suspect that you might not have
%CELLML_HOME%\lib in your LIBRARY_PATH from what you say above, so there
is a good chance this is the problem.

Best wishes,
Andrew