[cellml-discussion] Import question

  • From: Matt Halstead <matt.halstead AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: "CellML discussion of CellML." <cellml-discussion AT cellml.org>
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Import question
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:58:37 +1200

The following paragraph in section 9.2 of the CellML 1.1 specification leaves me with a question :

(http://www.cellml.org/public/specification/20030930/ cellml_specification.html#sec_import_model)

"The connections are only maintained between the components and their component trees listed in one <cellml:import> element; therefore, if an imported component relies on values from other components in the original model, every component from which it obtains values needs to be imported."

This implies that the relevant connections are imported, but we have not said anything about remapping these connections. The importer is allowed to name the imported components whatever they want; the implicitly imported connections will be defined using the names from the imported model. There needs to be a rule, albeit simple, explained that remaps the connections using the new component names.

cheers
Matt

  • [cellml-discussion] Import question, Matt Halstead, 08/10/2004