[cellml-discussion] Precise semantics of generateFlattenedModel()

  • From: d.nickerson at auckland.ac.nz (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Precise semantics of generateFlattenedModel()
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:40:06 +1300

Is there a case for maybe a really simple generateFlattenedModel() in
the core API which returns a single XML document containing only
elements in the CellML 1.0 namespace and simply ignores all other
namespaces (external and metadata). Given one of the main uses I can see
for such a method is to take a CellML 1.1 model and export it so a
CellML 1.0 capable application can use the model, this would seem to be
a useful method.

Then a more complex and general method could be provided as either a
supplementary service or an example illustrating the use of the CellML
1.1 API.