[cellml-discussion] CellML API: clone operation?

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML API: clone operation?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:08:32 +1200

Hi all,

It seems that we never defined a clone operation in the CellML API, and it
seems
that this would be very useful.

We do have a getAlternateVersion(), which performs a deep clone and changes
namespaces at the same time, which could be (ab/re-)used to perform clones,
but
it seems that we still should have a pure clone() on model(or perhaps better,
CellMLElement). It could take a deep parameter, like DOM nodes do...

/**
* Clones a CellMLElement, and optionally all children.
* This will not clone the contents of imported models.
* @param deep If false, only clones the element. It will then have no
children.
* If true, clones the element, and its children, which are added
* into the new element.
*/
CellMLElement clone(bool deep);

Opinions?