[cellml-discussion] Model Variant

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Model Variant
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:44:50 +1200

Tommy Yu wrote:
> Hi Poul,
>
> The model variant is supported by the repository, but version number is
> automatically incremented if the model with the same base name (as
> according to naming convention) is found. However, the quirk is that
> the uri is [name]_version#_variant#, giving the sense that version is
> the 'parent' of a given variant. I was also under the impression that
> there are going to be multiple versions of models, and then (according
> to what was said in the meeting) variant is just variations in starting
> conditions.
Hi Tommy,

Please see Matt's document at
http://www.cellml.org/wiki/cellmlrepositories.pdf/download.

A version fixes an error in the CellML coding of a paper, while a
variant creates a new model which is a modification of the original and
differs in content from the published paper. Adding initial conditions
which were not in the original paper is therefore one way to create a
new variant.