[cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] Linux functional test build of PCEnv available

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] [team-cellml] Linux functional test build of PCEnv available
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:33:47 +1300

Andrew Miller wrote:
> David Nickerson wrote:
>> I guess thats something that we need to discuss a bit more - there
>> are probably some good reasons why we made them absolute?
> I don't think there is any requirement in the CellML specification for
> URLs on xlink:href to be absolute. PCEnv does support relative URLs,
> but currently, the CellML API doesn't do this automatically if you
> just call instantiate().
>
> The only issue with this is what happens when you upload models into
> the repository (the relative URIs would need to remain consistent with
> what is in the model, or alternatively, we would need to modify the
> URIs).
Revision 706 will now use relative URIs when you call instantiate, since
this seems to correspond to what the CellML specification requires (it
even has an example with a relative URI in it). I don't strictly follow
the procedure from RFC3986 for resolving relative URLs, because we don't
currently have a URL parser in the CellML API. However, the procedure
used should produce identical results for URLs with no query or fragment
on the end (which doesn't make sense for CellML models anyway).