[cellml-discussion] Graphing metadata

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (David Nickerson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Graphing metadata
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:55:29 +0800

Hi all,

I have just been looking through the graphing metadata specification
(http://www.cellml.org/specifications/metadata/graphs) and have a couple
of questions (pretty much due to my continuing RDF ignorance). This
specification seems to have dropped behind the simulation specification
a bit, so I'm using the simulation spec rather than the example given in
the graphing spec.

In the fragment

<cg:x-variable rdf:parseType="Resource">
<cg:simulation rdf:nodeID="mainsim"/>
<cg:variable><rdf:Description rdf:about="#time"/></cg:variable>
</cg:x-variable>

(and similar for the y-variable and the text states the use of
cg:simulation but the example contains cs:simulation) I can see how the
use of the rdf:nodeID on the cg:simulation works when the simulation and
the graph metadata are contained in the same graph. But what I want to
do is have my graph metadata independent of the simulation (and model)
metadata. For example, I want to specify a graph which plots variables
from different models each specified in a different model at different
URIs. So my question is whether the following RDF is the equivalent of
the above fragment for the case where the graph metadata is in a
different RDF graph to the simulation:

<cg:x-variable rdf:parseType="Resource">
<cg:simulation
rdf:resource="file:///example/models/swing.xml#mainsim"/>
<cg:variable><rdf:Description rdf:about="#time"/></cg:variable>
</cg:x-variable>

given the cs:simulation is defined

<cs:simulation rdf:ID="mainsim" rdf:parseType="Resource">
</cs:simulation>

in the file at the URI file:///example/models/swing.xml ??

And if this is the case, is it then valid to also define a rdf:nodeID on
the same simulation node for use in graphs within simulation's graph? or
in such a case is it better to just always use the rdf:ID?

Thanks,
David.

--
David Nickerson, PhD