[cellml-discussion] pcenv development priorities

  • From: alan.garny at physiol.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] pcenv development priorities
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:44:57 -0000

Oops, sorry for not making that clear: it is 17 minutes.

> any chance you could run something longer than a 1s
> simulation and extrapolate from there, if not run a whole
> 70minutes worth? If not, I guess I can run it next time I'm
> on a windows machine ;)

Ok, I have quickly set up a CellML 1.0 file with a 1 Hz stimulus protocol
(incidently, for those who are interested on how to do that in CellML, as
well as a few other things, have a look at http://cor.physiol.ox.ac.uk/FAQ/,
towards the end of that page) and ran it for 70-minute worth of cardiac
activity on another computer (a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz machine with 1.5 GB of
RAM). Here are the figures (using CVODE: BDF+Newton(Dense) and 0.1 ms max
time step):

Simulation time (i.e. wall clock run time): 1107.193 (i.e. ~18 min 27 sec).
Computation time: 945.563 s (i.e. ~15 min 45 sec).

I think it's not bad for some 'manually' generated machine code, eh? :)

Alan.