[cellml-discussion] PCEnv 0.1rc5 (release candidate for PCEnv 0.1)out

  • From: david.nickerson at nus.edu.sg (Nickerson, David Phillip)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] PCEnv 0.1rc5 (release candidate for PCEnv 0.1)out
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:57:27 +0800

Hi Andrew,

A couple of observations from a demo of the 0.1rc5 version of PCEnv (using a
Fedora Core 6 laptop).

* I loaded up pcenv, ran a simulation and plotted the results - all worked
fine. Then I exited the pcenv GUI and started it up again, as expected the
model was still in the model tree but although the model was "locked" and I
was unable to change anything about it I could not draw the graphs. I'm
guessing that is caused by the simulation results being stored in the pcenv
GUI not the cellml_corba_server, so the model should probably be unlocked in
the cellml_corba_server once the GUI exits.

* Also, in the same run with pcenv, it started behaving pretty intermittently
until I quit and killed the cellml_corba_server process. It was very slow to
load a model and never really became interactive after the model loaded.

* With a fresh start I was able to load up the model I wanted (with the usual
and prolonged delay as the GUI populated itself), and run the integration
which was pretty much instantaneous (very good!). I could then draw all sorts
of graphs using two of the graphing windows. I then loaded up an almost
identical model which eventually came up fine, but when I tried to integrate
that model it took a huge amount of time to complete the integration (i.e.,
more than 5 minutes). The interface was still usable during this time and I
was able to go back to drawing graphs of the first model and had given up on
the second model by the time it finally finished its integration. I was then
able to plot the two models together. Not sure why the second model took so
long to integrate given the first model which integrated almost
instantaneously has one equation different (algebraic not an ODE) and the
load on the machine hadn't changed...

David.

--
David Nickerson, PhD