[cellml-discussion] CellML Versioning Strategy

  • From: ak.miller at auckland.ac.nz (Andrew Miller)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] CellML Versioning Strategy
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:38:47 +1200

Hi all,

At the break-away session on the versioning strategy for CellML (which
followed the Auckland CellML meeting today) we discussed the future of
how we would version CellML, including whether we would put all elements
for the next version of CellML in a completely different namespace, or
only the elements that had changed.

A summary of the discussion is up at
http://www.cellml.org/meeting_minutes/MeetingMinutes19September2007/
under "Breakaway session on versioning strategy for CellML". Note that
the participants at the session have not had a chance to correct errors
in it yet, and it may not yet accurately reflect everyone's view.
However, it does lay out the options, and so may provide a starting
point for any suggestions or comments from the community.

Please send and such suggestions or comments to the CellML discussion
mailing list prior to the 3rd October 2007.