[cellml-discussion] Time delays in CellML models

  • From: mhucka at caltech.edu (Michael Hucka)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Time delays in CellML models
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:25:58 -0800

AM> I have been unable to find any way of using delayed
AM> variables in SBML (although I am aware that SBML Level
AM> 2 does define support for events which happen with a
AM> time delay, a rather different concept).

SBML Level 2 provides for delay functions via the mechanism
of the MathML csymbol. See section 3.4.6 in the L2v3
specifications (p.24 specifically in the L2v3r2 document).

But I think what the original poster was asking when they wrote

is for a software tool that could actually *simulate* a
model that uses the delay function. There are very few
(that I'm aware of). XPP is one; MathSBML another; SBML ODE
Solver (the CVS'ed version, not the public release) is
supposed to, but it's actually a bit unreliable in that
area; SimBiology probably does too but I can't check right
now.

MH

--
Mike Hucka, Ph.D. mhucka at caltech.edu http://bnmc.caltech.edu
Senior Research Fellow, Control and Dynamical Systems