[cellml-discussion] Suggestions regarding search and browse utility for CellML Repository

  • From: a.tiwari at auckland.ac.nz (Abhishek Tiwari)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Suggestions regarding search and browse utility for CellML Repository
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:51:03 +1200

As growing no of models in CellML repository I feel that CellML
Repository can be made more user friendly by implementing one or more
suggestions mentioned below-
1. A Tree like browsing mechanism in which end child node of tree will
have model. For that we need to have classification system for the
models based on Physiological system or better say using MeSH (Medical
Subject Headings,something like
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/cgi/mesh/2008/MB_cgi). Models can be in multiple
classes and basically model metadata can have details for the
classification purpose like keywords. Domain ontologies can be used to
give better description for tree like representation.
2. For a given model at the end of overview similar models (basic or
improved models or more complex models) can be reported (Similar to
model variants).
3. Web services to search and download CellMl models for non ABI tools (
using CellMl API or Web API for CellMl).

I don't know if efforts to handle above is under development or already
exists so I thought to write you all.

abhishek