[cellml-discussion] OWL

  • From: j.lawson at auckland.ac.nz (James Lawson)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] OWL
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:54:28 +1200

Dear Randy,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately that roadmap is somewhat embarrassing
for us. We are currently undertaking a major reworking of the website,
and once we finish setting out our plans, the roadmap is right at the
top of my list of pages to rewrite. In the meantime, let me see if I can
explain what we're up to with respect to OWL and ontologies.
Unfortunately, the CellML team member who was primarily responsible for
this project, and whose commentary you can find under the wiki section
of the site on ontologies, is no longer with us. I have begun to take up
the rope on this, but I am still really working on upskilling myself.

Sarala Dissanayake is working on writing up her PhD thesis, in which she
presents her work on developing CellML-OWL. CellML-OWL aims to provide
infrastructure for ontologies that can be used for annotation of models
with biological and biophysical information. Sarala has developed a tool
for visualisation of CellML models using CellML-OWL as well.

I'd direct you to Sarala (sarala.dissanayake at auckland.ac.nz) for more
information on our current development in OWL and ontologies.

Kind regards,
James Lawson