[cellml-discussion] Announcing PCEnv 0.5

  • From: alan.garny at dpag.ox.ac.uk (Alan Garny)
  • Subject: [cellml-discussion] Announcing PCEnv 0.5
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:48:47 +0100

Hi Randy,

I hope Justin won't mind me stepping in, though I am sure he will in case I
have got something wrong!

> What about us Mac users? :) Any plans for a binary Mac (Intel)
> build? I tried downloading the source and 'configure' gave me:

A Mac version is in the work, but it is not quite ready for general use yet.

> checking for your Mozilla dist directory... not found
> configure: error: Mozilla distribution directory /usr/local/lib/
> mozilla not found. Try --with-mozilla=/path/to/mozilla/dist
>
> I do have/use Firefox, so I will try to resolve that error and push
> ahead unless I hear otherwise from you. I'd welcome a brief/simple
> explanation of your dependence on Mozilla for PCEnv, or just a link
> to an explanation.

To have Firefox is not sufficient. You need the source code as well. As far
as I am aware, there is no documentation for building PCEnv under Mac OSX,
only for various flavours of Linux. In case you are interested by those,
please check the following:
- To build the Mozilla framework and PCEnv:
https://svn.physiomeproject.org/svn/physiome/pce/trunk/docs/; and
- To build the CellML DOM API:
https://svn.physiomeproject.org/svn/physiome/CellML_DOM_API/trunk/docs/.

The order in which the build should be done is:
- Mozilla framework;
- CellML DOM API; and
- PCEnv.

HTH, Alan.